There's a certain amount of egoism involved in blogging. I'm assuming that people care what I have to say, and it seems that some do - so my heartfelt thanks for not allowing the guy on my shoulder with the pitchfork to win the battle for my soul.
Plus, blogging is kind of the thing to do. I've mentioned before that I don't like to do what everyone else is doing. The last time I participated in something popular was when I bought a bottle of Tribe. So yeah, I have what I call "bitch-lapses." There are certain things about me that are not-so-great, and I thought I'd share some of my less desirable qualities. I think everyone should have a "Things About Me That Kind of Suck" lists.
It keeps you humble.
1) People who talk slowly bother me. I lose interest, and it's not because they are boring or stupid. It's because I'm really rude.
2) I'm ridiculously stubborn. I wanted to borrow my mom's rototiller (the BIG kind) and couldn't get it into the back of the truck. There was no one to help me and I just kept trying and trying to lift the damn thing until I had to acknowledge that physics was against me and you can't fight science. But I managed to hurt myself long before that.
3) I have way too much pride, it's definitely my big one of the Deadly Seven. The b/f is a bicyclist. On one of our first dates he took me out to a riding course and we went about 25 miles. I hadn't been on a bike in about a decade. He kept asking me how I was doing. I kept insisting I was fine - because I was not about to say, "You know what, I need to stop," or even, "Hey, why don't we turn around now." Nope. Not BBC. So yeah... I was pretty much hamstrung for about a week after that.
4) I am incredibly klutzy. I broke my tailbone on a boat that was on dry land at the time. And there's the infamous Staircase of Fate incident, of course.
5) If I'm reading, writing, or doing anything that requires me to not be interrupted, I may very well growl at anyone who interrupts me. Like in a totally feral, let's-get-her-to-the-hospital kind of way.
6) I hate talking on the phone, the advent of texting has made my life so much easier. I freely admit that it may have also made me a better friend and person. Look! I can show people that I care about them without actually having to SAY it!!!
7) I'm not a toucher. Never will be. Even in situations where you're supposed to BE a toucher (weddings, funerals, reunions, parties), I'm like No ARRRGH!! Circle of protection!!! Most people get the drift when I narrow my eyes at them as they move into my space.
8) It's very, very hard for me to say "I'm sorry," even when I know I should. My Irish genes rebel when I try to form the words.
9) I have a very low voice. It kind of sounds like a man voice. And...
10) I talk too loud. Is that a big surprise?